Strategic Contracts Manager
This is an impactful position with significant cross-functional team interaction and an opportunity to contribute to the future success of Personal Genome Diagnostics Inc. (“PGDx”). This position will report directly to the Vice President of Legal and Business Operations and will support key initiatives which are critical to the successful development and implementation of growth strategies for PGDx, as well as develop strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders, including commercial, finance, human resources, IT and procurement. This person will be responsible for assisting the Vice President of Legal and Business Operations with scheduling, organizing and maintaining legal files, drafting contracts, editing agreements and reviewing documents.
- Draft and revise a variety of contracts, including but not limited to, commercial contracts with customers, supply agreements, strategic sourcing contracts, non-disclosure agreements and material transfer agreements.
- Ensure the organization's internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained.
- Meet with customers to discuss both legal and business matters.
- Provide advice and guidance to the different teams relating to contract generation.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their needs are met.
- Create, prepare, review and edit all necessary contracts, which includes risk mitigation, issue spotting, and advancement of business interests.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement these changes.
- Involves independent judgment and analysis of significant issue identification and resolution.
- Reviews complex solicitations and prepares a specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications.
- Analyzes significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms, and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure and communicates results to stakeholders.
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Provides authoritative guidance to internal business teams and contract subordinates on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity.
- The focal point for all communications with law, finance and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Assists in identification, development, and implementation of new contract policy and processes.
- A general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Analyzes all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Implementation of a contract management system in an effort to speed up turnaround time and shorten the overall contract lifecycle.
- Coordinates with the finance department to ensure correct billing and collection of contractual revenues.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree plus 8+ years business or related experience.
- Jurist Doctorate or master’s degree in business is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology.
- Comfortable working as part of a multidimensional team.
- Exemplify a strong attention to detail.
- Possesses superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines.
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge of common programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience working with contract regulations the related laws is strongly preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information.
- Exemplify creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong to excellent analytical and communication skills. Good presentation, leadership and management skills.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to the resolution of contract issues.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills. Emerging ability to excel in an upper-level management environment.
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB