Strategic Sourcing Specialist
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for managing vendor negotiations and contract management. This role will be key in developing long term relationships with strategic suppliers and eliminating risk to our core product line. Knowledge of contractual terms & conditions and redlining documents are pertinent. By being part of procurement, the role will need to understand the full Procure to Pay process. The decisions they make will affect the entire Supply Chain and all considerations of the business must be considered.
- Portfolio Management for Direct & Indirect Materials along with Service Contracts for equipment and ancillary agreements.
- Use extensive qualitative and quantitative analysis to support business cases.
- Manage the RFP process to drive efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Manages contracts to reduce Total Cost of Ownership in conjunction with confirming quality requirements for the business.
- Develops & implements strategies for category management.
- Leads vendor contract management and execution of agreements to ensure documents do not lapse or expire in accordance with company policy.
- Improving and maintaining the vendor scorecard program.
- Work directly with end users cross functionally to ensure the contract needs are met.
- Develop secondary and tertiary supply agreements to reduce possible risk to core product line.
- Directs and leads business reviews with identified key suppliers to ensure strategic relationships evolve.
- Issue Purchase Orders in accordance with Delegation of Authority Policy
- Mitigate risk to purchases through sourcing alternate products.
- Assist in other Supply Chain related tasks as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in Sourcing, Negotiations, and/or Contract Management.
- Prior laboratory or healthcare industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience using an ERP system such as SAGE, Oracle or SAP.
- Proficient skill set in MS Excel and Word are required.
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB