Software Engineer II
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is Empowering the Fight Against Cancer by unlocking actionable information from the genome. We are developing an innovative portfolio of regulated tissue-based and non-invasive liquid biopsy genomic products for laboratories worldwide.
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our team. As a Software Engineer, you will be producing software applications that:
- Act as an interface between customers and our cutting edge bioinformatic analytic pipeline
- Aid in data transfer and integration
- Contribute to automated testing suites
- Create and improve medical device software applications, contribute to the software architecture and design, solve difficult technical problems with teammates, test software to improve patient safety and clinical utility.
- Actively participate in all facets of design, development, testing, and maintenance of robust software and systems to support company products and services.
- Follow software development lifecycle in an agile development environment, including concepts, tools and procedures.
- Contribute to software and project requirements
- Share technical knowledge and expertise across the team to aid in the growth of individuals and guide decision making
- Utilize software testing frameworks and participate in code reviews to ensure software quality
- Ensure the security of the information systems, software, communication lines, and equipment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Proficiency with web technologies including Angular, Django, and RESTful APIs
- Confident working in a Linux environment
- Team-first attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to deliver within fixed deadlines
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly on the job
- Diverse backgrounds welcome with skill sets including:
- Database Services including SQL, NoSQL
- Big data management
- Algorithm development
- Machine Learning concepts and techniques
- Cloud application development
- Experience with agile software development methodology and practices, git source control, and Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB