Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is Empowering the Fight Against Cancer by unlocking actionable information from the genome. We are developing an innovative portfolio of regulated tissue-based and non-invasive liquid biopsy genomic products for laboratories worldwide. We are seeking a highly motivated and curious Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to join our research and development team. This person will develop and apply innovative solutions in bioinformatics, including new algorithms and software, to all aspects of the business, including research, development, and operations.
- Actively participates in the design, development, testing and maintenance of software, databases, pipelines, or other solutions, using appropriate programming languages and tools to deliver company products and services.
- Develops and applies innovative methods, algorithms, and software to support company products and services.
- Analyzes sequencing data using established and newly developed workflows.
- Assists, collaborates, and consults with teams on analysis of genomic data.
- Interprets and presents analysis results to business units and/or collaborators.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD + 2 yrs relevant experience, or Masters + >3 yrs relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree + >7 yrs relevant experience
- Proficiency developing and/or using bioinformatics tools
- Proficiency in utilizing data from public resources
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python and/or R)
- Experience working in Linux and running tasks in a cluster environment
- Experience with code version control (git workflows)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience or training in statistics, algorithm development, or machine learning.
- Familiarity with concepts in genomics and bioinformatics analysis of cancer.
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB