Senior Research Associate
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is Empowering the Fight Against Cancer by unlocking actionable information from the genome. We are developing an innovative portfolio of regulated tissue-based and non-invasive liquid biopsy genomic products for laboratories worldwide. We are seeking a highly motivated and curious Sr. Research Associate, Molecular Reagent Core to join our research and development team. This person will develop and manufacture innovative reagents for our NGS assays to support all aspects of the business, including research, development, and operations.
- Experienced in NGS assay and reagent chemistries
- Experience with HPLC purification techniques
- Experience with LC-MS techniques
- Experience with analytical tools used for NGS (qPCR, Bioanalyzer/Tape-station, capillary electrophoresis)
- Plan and carry out focused experimental programs to evaluate the sensitivity, robustness, scalability, and other relevant characteristics of emergent genomic and allied technologies with minimal guidance and input from senior technical personnel
- Collaborate with team to author procedural protocols, records and reports for development
- Perform laboratory based diagnostic assays for development applications following GDP and PDP
- Keep detailed and accurate records of all laboratory work performed
- Perform quality control and general maintenance on laboratory equipment
- May assist with managing and maintain consumable and reagent inventory
- Provide general input to the development of plans, programs, processes, priorities, and operational goals
- Provide technical expertise in supporting Risk Management activities
- Support verification and validation of product requirements
- Own planning and execution of development studies
- Follow established procedures and contribute to team objectives
- Help establish procedures for maintaining standards and consistency in operations
- Help author detailed, accurate, and accessible procedural protocols and records
- Promote quality and procedural improvement process
- Help keep facility neat, clean, and orderly at all times
- Other responsibilities as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant scientific field required with 3+ years of relevant experience OR Master’s Degree in a relevant field with no relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Preferred Qualification: Familiarity with analytical chemistry techniques (LC-MS, HPLC, CE) and NGS assays
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB