Scientist, Research and Early Development
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is Empowering the Fight Against Cancer by unlocking actionable information from the genome. We are developing an innovative portfolio of regulated tissue-based and non-invasive liquid biopsy genomic products for laboratories worldwide. We are seeking a highly motivated and curious Scientist, Research and Early Development to join our research and development team. This person will develop and manufacture innovative reagents for our NGS assays to support all aspects of the business, including research, development, and operations.
- Experience in NGS bioinformatics and/or genomic analysis and data sciences, preferred.
- Hands-on experience with NGS assays.
- Familiarity with NGS assay reagent chemistries.
- Able to make daily technical decisions with understanding of technical and business context.
- Determines priorities, provides subject matter expertise influencing projects in a broad scope.
- Design, execution, and analyze of experiments for (i) optimization, (ii) troubleshooting, (iii) feasibility, and (iv) verification and validation of emergent genomic and allied technologies.
- Ownership of design control documents, such as writing feasibility, verification and validation protocols and reports.
- May initiate, document, maintain and device Risk Management files
- May participate on project Risk Management Teams
- Support verification and validation of product requirements
- May be involved with establishing product requirements.
- Own planning and executing of research and product development activities.
- Proper documentation of experiments and studies in accordance with GDP and PDP,
- Ensure GDP and PDP are followed by all involved in relevant experiments.
- Develop and optimize SOPs for maximum efficiency and yield.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of work performed.
- Presents data to technical and project teams sufficiently to enable data driven decisions.
- Manage several projects at once and master new concepts and skills quickly with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Has strong fundamental understanding of core technology and maintains knowledge of relevant current literature.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD with 0-2 years of relevant experience (post- doc included), OR Master’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with analytical chemistry techniques and NGS assays
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB