Scientist, Clinical Development
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is offering a dynamic and highly visible position which plays a central role in diagnostic development through managing strategic scientific collaborations with academic thought leaders to demonstrate the clinical utility and differentiated medical value of PGDx products. The role will serve as the lead for a portfolio of collaborations, working with the external partner and internal cross-functional teams to meet timely delivery of shared goals (peer-reviewed publications, medical congress presentations, etc). The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert in translational oncology and brings solid clinical and translational research experience. Additionally, the candidate should possess an overall knowledge of the drug development process and oncology diagnostic landscape. They will leverage their extensive medical and scientific training and experience to play an integral role in bringing clinical genomic testing to cancer patients globally.
- Serve as lead and point of contact internally and externally for a portfolio of collaborative studies with investigators, driving each study milestone from concept through publication. Ensure milestones are met in a timely fashion driving towards deliverable goals (i.e. conference abstracts and publications)
- Takes responsibility for ensuring collaborations are of high scientific value for both the academic partner and PGDx
- Identify publication opportunities aligned with evidence strategy
- Track product publication plans including reviewing, editing, and authoring of scientific/medical publications as needed. Liaise with external authors and handle internal review process.
- Establish yourself as a credible collaborator with molecular medicine thought leaders who will advise our product and market development activities
- Develop and create materials such as slide decks, training materials, white papers, monographs, case report summaries, clinical synopses
- Collaborate with internal/external scientists and physicians to review, refine, and extend existing medical content
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of oncology knowledgebase
- Guide product development using knowledge obtained from understanding of clinical oncology landscape
- Presents technical and complex ideas in a simple, straightforward manner to engage varied stakeholders including physicians, business leaders, and scientists
- Publish scientific results, validation studies, and clinical cases
- Assess and understand evolving clinical environments in order to sustain and leverage expertise in Oncology and Molecular Pathology. Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant disease states, current and emerging treatments as they relate to PGDx products and services.
- Work with other in-house and field partners to facilitate ongoing information/clinical data sharing (ie. new data, competitive information, insights learned from customer) to optimize communications and coordinated activities across the organization
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated knowledge of translational cancer genomics, cancer diagnostic development, and/or liquid biopsy in cancer
- Ability to interpret medical evidence and integrate with genomic testing data, with a strong knowledgebase of the oncology therapeutic landscape and cancer genomics
- Natural collaborator; capable of driving alignment internally and externally
- Ability to interpret and contextualize complex data sets
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills
- Skilled presenter of complex technical data to a multitude of audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and keen ability to build trusting relationships with external collaborators
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD), with 3+ years post-graduate experience
- Previous experience working with diagnostics
- Previous industry experience
- Demonstrated experience leading translational science projects in oncology
- Experience with oncology biomarker discovery, analysis, and clinical evaluation
- Experience with NGS assay development/validation is preferred and helpful for this role
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB