Regional Business Executive
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information from the genome. PGDx is leading the decentralization of NGS testing by delivering comprehensive genomic profiling solutions to local laboratories, enabling greater access to precision medicine for healthcare systems, physicians, and patients worldwide. The PGDx portfolio of RUO and IVD tissue and liquid biopsy kitted products uncover molecular information to inform treatment decisions for patients battling cancer. In 2020, PGDx was granted the first ever FDA clearance for a comprehensive genomic profiling kit. Equipped with its own CAP/CLIA lab, PGDx also partners with biotech and pharmaceutical companies offering an integrated solution from biomarker discovery to global CDx commercialization, accelerating the development of biomarker driven therapies. PGDx was established by researchers from Johns Hopkins University who are pioneers in cancer genome sequencing and liquid biopsy technologies. Information about PGDx is available at www.pgdx.com.
PGDx is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and people-oriented individual to join our rapidly growing US commercial team. The role of Regional Business Executive (RBE) will be responsible for leading the development of PGDx sales and the overall account management for integrated health networks, academic medical centers, and reference laboratories. These customers represent large, complex, highly visible, strategic and tactically important accounts to PGDx. This role focuses on contacting prospective and existing buying influences across the cancer research and cancer care continuum and is involved in account expansion and revenue growth across the PGDx NGS portfolio of precision oncology products for translational research and routine diagnostics.
The RBE will be integral in developing and implementing national sales campaigns and sales strategies for these accounts. This position requires significant levels of sales proficiency, account management, technical knowledge, and domain expertise, along with genomics and precision oncology specific experience.
This candidate should have wide-ranging experience selling in vitro diagnostics (IVDs), as well as RUO products used in clinical research and LDT development. This candidate will also be viewed as a subject matter expert in the field and will have an indirect leadership role in regularly collaborating with resources in marketing, support, finance and other key functional areas within the PGDx organizational network.
To be successful in this role the candidate must have the ability to:
- Prospect, acquire, extend, and retain customers through effective identification of opportunities and subsequent progression though the customer buying cycle
- Develop and execute a strategic territory business plan that will enable PGDx to gain market share and achieve sales goals in the Territory
- Establish and build strong client relationships that allow for growth, profitability, and predictability
- Communicate clearly with other relevant PGDx functions to ensure needed sales support and delivery of programs/products
- Effectively manage a funnel of leads and opportunities in CRM and provide an accurate monthly sales forecast and territory narrative
- Assume a leadership role during the collaborative development and implementation of marketing and sales strategies to attain assigned sales objectives
- Utilize strong product/market knowledge and sales experience to manage complex sales cycles and resolve customer questions and concerns
- Provide constructive feedback from customers into PGDx to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customers' needs
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or a related field
- 5-7 years of direct sales experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling genomics reagent portfolios into molecular pathology and clinical research laboratories
- Deep domain knowledge of the diagnostic services industry with experience selling In Vitro Diagnostics (IVDs) to hospital and/or reference laboratories preferred
- Industry/application expertise with working knowledge of competitive products (specifications, applications, value propositions)
- Previous experience working with customer purchasing teams to manage effective contract negotiations preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
- Ability to interface at all levels within an organization for both internal and external customers
- Experience within complex selling environments
- Demonstrated track record of achieving quota
- Ability to work in a regulated environment, knowledge of technical and market issues/factors
- Comprehension of laboratory economics and implementation of next generation sequencing
- Proven as hunter and driver in winning new business
- Persistence and patience to navigate complex and lengthy sales cycles
- Cross functional communication between Senior Leadership, Marketing and Commercial Operations
- Strong administrative skills with ability to manage business in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Support occasional research collaborations, alliance management, and/or co-development opportunities, as required by the unique customer relationship (ie. Center of Excellence program)
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to organize, prioritize and delegate tasks efficiently to move projects forward
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB