Reagent Manufacturing Supervisor
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is seeking a Reagent Manufacturing Supervisor who provides daily supervision for the manufacturing team by coaching associates on a continuous improvement path in safety, productivity, quality, and cost within the Reagent production and Kit assembly areas. The Reagent Manufacturing Supervisor sets the standard for the team, demonstrates commitment and is accountable for results.
- Leads team safety performance by ensuring adherence to established safety policies/regulations and participation in safety programs that promote a prevention-based safety mindset.
- Demonstrates leadership in a team environment through day to day coaching, performance appraisals and conflict resolution.
- Responsible for the staffing and training plans (team matrix driven) for all direct reports.
- Participates in both internal and external audits.
- Creates and revises work instructions to improve operating processes.
- Assures all product produced within the lab environment meets all established quality guidelines and all operations meet GMP requirements.
- Drives operational success through the establishment of key performance indicators (KPIs) along with continuous improvement initiatives in each KPI.
- Maintains all weekly and monthly maintenance schedules for equipment.
- Ensures an open flow of communication exists between associates and management.
- Maintains and reviews appropriate attendance and performance records on all associates taking preventative and corrective measures to control substandard behavior/performance; involves HR when needed.
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of product manufacturing requirements supplied from the Planning dept.
- Develops and supports the growth of Reagent Manufacturing associates by providing regular and timely feedback.
- Collaborates with Quality Control, Planning, Purchasing and Distribution to ensure production/customer requirements are met.
- Participates in new product development activities.
- Drives inventory control practices through team members to ensure an accurate perpetual inventory is maintained.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Life Sciences, Industrial Management or Engineering with 5-7 years of experience in an IVD manufacturing environment.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Experience with Lean Daily Management methodology preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems (Sage, SAP) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of next-generation sequencing (NGS) preferred.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20-30 lbs.
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB