Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is seeking a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the FP&A functions at PGDx. Duties will focus around the annual budgeting process including quarterly forecasts, variance analysis and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. The position reports to the Senior Manager, FP&A.
- Support cost center owners and R&D project leads in preparing and managing forecast spend as part of the overall annual budget and quarterly forecast process
- Work directly with accounting on ad-hoc projects and to prepare monthly variance analysis
- Serve as liaison to R&D and manage planning and tracking of project spend
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis as needed to support Executive Leadership Team and Department owners
- Partake in the implementation and upkeep of a planning system
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, research and development projects, and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Develop, implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool (or similar) and Dashboard reports
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA/MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Medical Diagnostic or manufacturing experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- ERP experience preferred
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective in deadline-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB