Computational Biology Scientist
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is seeking a computational biology scientist to develop and apply innovative solutions in bioinformatics, including new algorithms and software, to all aspects of the business, including research, development, and operations. Participate in the design, development of software using appropriate programming languages and tools, to deliver company products and services.
- Develop and apply innovative methods, algorithms, and software to support company products and services
- Analyze sequencing data using established and newly developed workflows
- Assist, collaborate, and consult with teams on analysis of genomic data
- Interpret and present analysis results to business units and/or collaborators
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genetics, Computer Science or +3 years of years of industry experience working with next generation sequence data
- Proficiency developing and/or using bioinformatics tools, including Samtools, Bedtools, FASTQ, VCF and BAM file formats
- Proficiency in shell scripting languages bash, and programming languages including Python, Perl, Java, C and R
- Experience working in Linux and running tasks in a cluster environment
- Experience in cancer genomics preferred
- Experience or training in statistics, algorithm development, or machine learning preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB