Bioinformatics Associate Software Engineer
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is Empowering the Fight Against Cancer by unlocking actionable information from the genome. We are developing an innovative portfolio of regulated tissue-based and non-invasive liquid biopsy genomic products for laboratories worldwide. We are seeking a highly motivated and curious Bioinformatics Associate Software Engineer to join our research and development team. Every part of our organization relies on software. As a Bioinformatics Associate Software Engineer, you will be producing software and documentation that will be submitted and reviewed for regulatory approval.
- Your time will be spent improving bioinformatics methods, strategizing with leadership, solving tough scientific problems with teammates, testing software to improve patient safety and clinical utility and mastering the emerging world of bioinformatics.
- Actively participate in all facets of design, development, testing, and maintenance of robust software and systems to support company products and services.
- Follows software development lifecycle in an agile development environment, including concepts, tools and procedures.
- Ensures data and software quality by designing and implementing test methodologies.
- Provides reports to managers and staff on systems and software, including capabilities, performance, and security.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 1+ years of experience
- Confident in a Linux environment
- A bright, enthusiastic attitude with the ability to work effectively in a team environment to implement practical solutions
- Ability to deliver within fixed deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly on the job
- Possess an interest in understanding biology and disease
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Diverse backgrounds welcome with skill sets including:
- Bioinformatics (NextGen Sequence Data Analysis, Sequence Alignment, Pipeline Development, Big Data Management, Algorithm Development, and Machine Learning Concepts and Technologies)
- Familiarity with concepts in genomics and bioinformatics analysis of cancer
- Experience with agile software development methodology and practices, git source control, and Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo).
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB