Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) is Empowering the Fight Against Cancer by unlocking actionable information from the genome. We are developing an innovative portfolio of regulated tissue-based and non-invasive liquid biopsy genomic products for laboratories worldwide. We are currently seeking an extraordinary, highly motivated Data Scientist to join our Bioinformatics team, with a focus on development and evaluation of emerging technologies for tissue and cell-free DNA liquid biopsy approaches. The successful candidate will analyze and evaluate data from our diagnostic assays for research and clinical use. The candidate will also facilitate the early development and validation of laboratory based diagnostic analyses..
- Provides analytical expertise in the feasibility research, early development and validation of products and service offerings.
- Plans and executes focused analyses to evaluate the sensitivity, robustness, scalability, and other relevant characteristics of select technologies to demonstrate product specifications and meet regulatory standards.
- Works closely with bioinformatics, biostatisticians, and R&D scientists to participate in the design, creation, and delivery of analytical reports, analyses, and technical or design reviews.
- Conducts daily activities independently, making technical decisions with understanding of technical and business needs.
- Presents data clearly to cross-functional team to enable data driven decisions.
- Anticipates risks and mitigations, determines priorities, provides subject matter expertise.
- Manages several projects at once and master new concepts and skills quickly with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Monitors sample and project status, and address potential issues and failures in a timely and effective manner.
- Serves as an ongoing knowledge resource within the team and at large.
- Trains colleagues at all levels on processes and technologies relevant to project goals.
- Establishes procedures and systems for maintaining standards and ensuring consistency.
- Delivers a high-quality product and high level of service to projects.
- May act as a project team member or technical lead.
- Works collaboratively with PMO, quality, regulatory, R&D, and the Bioinformatics team to execute project deliverables.
- Other responsibilities as required for successful Bioinformatics operations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD, OR Master’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of relevant experience
- Excellent computer proficiency (Linux/CLI, R, MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in computational skills and level of experience building data models using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages.
- Educational preparation or applied experience in Genomics or Cancer Biology.
- Educational preparation or applied experience in Big Data, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics or other related quantitative discipline.
- Proficient in predictive modeling to include comprehension of theory, modeling/identification strategies and limitations and pitfalls.
- A bright, enthusiastic attitude with the ability to work effectively in a team environment to implement practical solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and encouraging team members
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly on the job
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
ABOUT PERSONAL GENOME DIAGNOSTICS
Personal Genome Diagnostics (PGDx) empowers the fight against cancer by unlocking actionable information
from the genome. We are committed to developing a portfolio of regulated tissue-based and liquid biopsy
genomic products for laboratories worldwide. PGDx was established by internationally-recognized cancer
researchers Dr. Luis Diaz and Dr. Victor Velculescu, who are pioneers in the application of innovative genomic
technologies for drug development and clinical practice.
Please submit applications (cover letter and resume) to HR@personalgenome.com
Special consideration will be given to internal PGDx employees who apply.
APPLY FOR JOB